- I have an inflated sense of “luckiness“. Really. For the longest time, almost every time I entered a drawing at a school or community event, I’d win. One time I went to watch my friend’s daughter perform in community theater and I told her, matter-of-factly, that I’d win the basket drawing and give it to her and her daughters. She said she NEVER wins so she didn’t think I’d win, just by proximity of her bad luck. I smiled confidently and said to expect getting that basket of goodies. Guess what? I won! My friend became a believer and ever since, I make her enter into drawings when we’re together and she’s won a few times too. It’s funny because my confidence is so inflated that I expect to win and am a little shocked when I don’t. I didn’t win a single thing at a recent fundraiser, but I still feel pretty lucky. And no…I don’t buy lottery tickets. What would I do with all that cash? 🙂
- I can be — shall we say — a bit obsessed with games. My one steady game is SCRABBLE. I am a Scrabble Geek to the point that I’ve been known to play more than 20 online games at once. I’ve also burned the midnight oil five times over with silly games like Zoo Tycoon, Sim City and (shamefully) Neopets!! My latest obsession? DRAW SOMETHING!
- My eyes are keenly aware of TYPOS in publications. It’s uncanny. I can’t help it. I am constantly spotting errors in magazines, billboards, textbooks, novels, newspapers, blogs, websites, etc. It’s like my eyes gravitate to them. It’s a bit of curse when I’m reading a novel — especially by an author I like. Naturally, this doesn’t apply to my own writing!
Why share my quirks here? A girl called Emily nominated me for the Creative Chaos Award and in order to accept, I need to answer these questions: (1) Three weird things I do; (2) Why do I look at the “glass half-full” scenario and ask “What? No coffee?”; and (3) You find yourself in a desolate place when your car breaks down. You have no cellphone service, no Wal-Mart, and only a candy bar for food. It is 150 miles to the closest town. What color are you underpants and why?
Emily said she nominated my blog because it’s “lovely” and “captivating”!! I’m flattered beyond words – thank you! Someone actually reads it!! 🙂 This means a lot to me! Of course, I will pass it forward and nominate five bloggers who recently followed my blog.
As for my second and third answers:
Why do I look at the “glass half-full” scenario and ask “What? No coffee?”
I am usually a super optimistic person, even when life gets messy. I prefer to see the positive in things and NEVER allow myself to play the victim. However, I wouldn’t be human if I didn’t have my moments. Even when I’ve had dozens of articles published in the local newspaper, I get bummed if I get a rejection letter from a literary agent. It’s hard not to take it personal and they are far from it — more like form letters. I think this happens because I have a sense of entitlement, but in a good way. I’ve always worked hard at a goal and accomplished it. The publishing world is a different animal and defies logic. That being said — I’ll keep writing and get my manuscript published some day…
You find yourself in a desolate place when your car breaks down. You have no cellphone service, no Wal-Mart, and only a candy bar for food. It is 150 miles to the closest town. What color are you underpants and why?
Talk about a question begging for creativity! I’d be wearing something black with a leopard print, probably. Why? I feel good in them and, with this confidence I’ll be able to survive being stranded in the middle of nowhere. Fact or fiction? Hmmm….
As for my nominations:
- Blazing Portals – her quick wit and candor shines through in her blog – congrats Nance!
- Bookworm Blather – her talent for writing is superb! Congrats Michelle!
- A Certain Point of View – he is one of the best writers I know! Congrats Alex!
- Live Your Passion – her passionate stories are captivating and full of life – congrats Elena!
- TheFoodReFashionista – her versatility and creativity inspire me to cook healthfully – congrats!
Kudos to these bloggers! I hope they accept the Creative Chaos Award nomination and have fun posting their answers! I look forward to reading them.