My first reaction was probably like most people’s: shock. Then came anger. Who does this? (He is not a “he”, but an “it”.)
What the hell was the point?
Wait. I don’t even want to know “its” motivation – NOTHING justifies what “it” did.
Instead of focusing on “it”, who I refuse to acknowledge by name, I choose to remember the twelve victims. They are the ones who deserve recognition and fame. Their names should be the ones blasted out all over the internet and on the news channels. Their lives were taken much too short, but they should be remembered.
The youngest was six. The oldest was 51. One died on his birthday. Several were fathers and mothers. All were sons and daughters. All were heroes.
Here’s a list of the victims, may they rest in peace. The list is in alphabetical order and includes links to some of the stories about them.
- Jonathan Blunk, 26 years old – Jonathan Blunk’s wife talks about her family’s loss
- A.J. Boik, 18 years old – AJ Boik Among Those Killed In Theater Shooting
- Gordon Cowden, 51 years old – At 51 Gordon Cowden was oldest of those slain in theater shooting
- Jessica Ghawi, 24 years old – Jessica Ghawi’s Family Wants to Focus on Victims, Not Colorado Shooter
- Air Force Staff Sgt. Jesse Childress, 29 years old – Jesse Childress Died Trying to Protect Friend at “Dark Knight” Massacre
- Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class John Thomas Larimer, 27 years old – Shooting victim John Larimer: Illinois sailor was youngest of five children
- Matt McQuinn, 27 years old – Aurora shooting victims: Heroism and heartbreak as last moments revealed
- Micayla Medek, 23 years old – Father of slaying victim Micayla Medek: ‘I lost a precious soul.’
- Veronica Moser-Sullivan, 6 years old – Double tragedy: Aurora shooting victim learns her daughter was killed
- Alex Sullivan, 27 years old – Alex Sullivan was celebrating his 27th birthday at midnight showing
- Alex Teves, 24 years old – Shooting victim Alex Teves had ‘a heart of gold,’ saved girlfriend
- Rebecca Wingo, 32 years old – Rebecca Wingo, mom of two, among victims kill
I choose to remember the victims.